Sunday 25 January 2015

Keeping Organized with Twins - New Additions

As the new year began, I felt the need to get organized, as I do at the turn of all the seasons.  I had a few projects in mind and it feels so good to have things in order again.  It's especially important as in just a few weeks we will add two new members to our home.  We are hosting two exchange students from Korea.  As a result, we will be even more busy, which is why it is important to keep things running smoothly.



My first project was to create a "toy" area in the living room.  Now that the boys are on the move and exploring their surroundings, we can't just plop them on a blanket with a few toys.  All the toys we were starting to accumulate needed a home.  I love the cleanliness of clean, white shelves so I went with a simple cube shelving unit from Canadian Tire. I didn't splurge on baskets for the shelves, but that may come down the road.  Right now, the toys we have don't fit great into baskets, so I have them more at reachable levels.





It only actually looks clean and tidy for a few minutes before the boys wake up and then they are over there pulling their favorite toys down.  I do try to rotate toys through the week so they don't get bored.  Right now the stacking cups and the Little People farm are the favorites.



For other toy storage, we also have a pine chest in their closet where I keep things they aren't ready to use yet, and a bin for stuffed animals in their room.  I'm working on cleaning out the change-table cupboards for things like puzzles.



We also picked up a new addition for the nursery... a teepee!


I love Etsy for great finds like this!  The boys don't use it fully yet, but I hope it will become a cozy place to curl up with a good book and have some quiet time once they're a bit older.  Right now it's a fun place to play peek-a-boo!


And that's all for now!  Stay posted as I'm excited to share about my new "command center" kitchen station soon.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment