Saturday 2 January 2016

A new year's post

For Christmas I bought myself a new laptop.

To be specific, I bought a MacBook Air.

I've had an affinity and love for Apple products since I worked in the tech industry for Club Penguin, which later became owned by Disney.  Ever since then, I can't go back.  Just the look of a Windows based program turns me off.  Apple products come packaged so nicely, and the look is so clean and streamlined.  Now I'm just so used to them that they are innate.  I love the idea of syncing up my phone and my computer and my laptop.  Everything is just in order, and anyone who knows me knows how much I love order.

But I digress...

I had been saving up for a laptop for months (nearly a year) and finally took the plunge on Boxing Day.  The reason I mention this is because my hope is that the use of a laptop will finally allow me to get back to blogging more frequently.

For whatever reason, sitting down at a computer desk is literally impossible with toddlers running around.  Either they want to both sit on my lap and have their hands all over the keyboard or they demand to watch their favorite show as soon as I sit down (which right now is Paw Patrol), or they start fighting or need something as soon as my derriere hits the seat.  And if I wait till they're napping or asleep before I sit down, I can always find something else I "should" be doing, rather than sitting at a computer.  Or I just end up sitting down and mindlessly scrolling through Pinterest.

What I think I need, is the portability to write what I want, when I want, and to take my thoughts with me, whether the timing is right or not.  Does that make me sound crazy?

All this to say, I hope to take up blogging more again.  And use this space to work on developing my "voice" in writing.  I am not a writer and have no idea what that phrase really means, but I want to work on expanding my writing voice, while also posting fun pictures and DIY and bits and pieces of my life.

So here's to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment