Friday 22 January 2016

21 Day Fix update


I thought I would pop on here and give a quick update on the 21 Day Fix.  I am halfway through!


 And, despite what I thought, I am really enjoying myself and feeling positive about the results.  There have been a few hiccups along the way.  My 21 Day Fix package did not come right away, and when it did the CDs wouldn't work so I had to resolve that.  I found some great workouts on Fitness Blender to bide the time.  We have also been battling some super bugs in my home, which has made it challenging to have the time to get everything done.  I am currently home in bed with a terrible cold so I won't be doing the workouts today.  That is discouraging when I was having such great momentum, but that's life, I guess.  The meal prep/planning has been a lot of work but totally worth it!  I've been spending less money shopping spontaneously and have had more than enough food to keep us fed and happy.  My sugar cravings are pretty much gone (still some salty chip cravings from time to time) and I feel stronger and leaner (and it shows!).

I won't post a whole meal plan here because mine is just scrawled on a piece of paper and colored with crayon, but here are some samples of the meals we have been enjoying.

Breakfasts typically include: Bowl of steel oats with fruit, scrambled or boiled eggs, or a protein smoothie.  I tried making pumpkin protein pancakes and bananna pancakes too.



Morning snacks: Protein smoothie (if I have not had one earlier), veggies and hummus, apple and nut butter




Lunch: Salad with seeds and protein, a wrap, or a bowl of soup (butternut squash soup with chicken was a hit!)


Afternoon snack: Fruit and nuts, Cheese and veggies


Dinner: Beef curry with quinoa, Taco wraps, Pork chops with mushrooms, Spaghetti on spaghetti squash, philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers










Evening snack: Greek yogurt with berries, or pita chips and hummus

I'll post a final update once I'm done.  We are heading on a little trip this weekend so I'll check back in once we're back.  Happy weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment